Saturday, May 27, 2006

I can't help feeling a lil' sad when I heard that Joan, the girl who contracted tongue cancer, died.
I do not know her unlike some of my med friends who were previously in RJ. But being of the same age and knowing about her condition thru friends, her blog and the newspp, I can't help but feel a lil' sad that she has left. There is something in me that thought she will survive this ordeal and gain back her entire life. I guess it's her strong fighting spirit that gave many people like me, some hope that she'll make it, that she'll not return home so quickly.
Nevertheless, I respect her determination to not give up without a fight, to carry on the journey. I cannot imagine myself having such strong faith in sucha situation where your entire world suddenly crumbles before your very eyes. Your initial dreams and hopes are all dashed.
But this gal did. She is definitely a survivor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home