Sunday, June 11, 2006

A laid-back me?

Facil workshop just ended and right now, I cant wait for next wk's FOC!
A camp of amazingly inspiring ppl, loads of fun games, prata suppers and new freshies.
Time passes super fast. A yr ago, I also attended this camp as a freshie.
And actually after last yr's camp, felt inspired to noe God more. But I guess I have been procrastinating again. Nothing done after 1 year. Well hopefully, I'll get down to RCIA soon.

Anyway after a nite out with Dhana and Agnes, I realised I'm damn easily influenced by the ppl around me, like to dislike or like a person for example. It's like when I'm with a group of peeps who dun mind the person very much, I also dun mind. Then when I'm with another group who really dislike the person, I have a tendency to agree with them. Feel like a super hypocrite. I always told myself to be more firm or take a stand but in the end, I always succumb. Sigh, how to be a doc liddat? So easily swayed. Or maybe I'm just too laid back, dare not commit to disliking someone totally. Thus, I find it tough to hate a person entirely. Cuz when someone tells me somethin nice about the person or when I am able to tok to the person, my dislike for the person diminishes. Then when I'm reminded of the person's selfish or dislikable character, my dislike for the person ignites again. Maybe it wouldnt be that difficult if the person did something really terrible to me, I guess. But no one has done anything really horrible to me, so I'm really confused in the end.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hmm my close friends around me thinks I'm not the procrastinating type. Sure when it comes down to work, maybe I'm not. But when it comes down to my relationships with God, my family or other people, I'm ALWAYS procrastinating.
After sec skool, meeting up with kc pals have always not been successful cuz I seldom turn up. My excuses were too busy usually. Then after a certain time, it was too awkward to meet up with them cuz questions like "what to tok about when I see them?", "what if they ask about the many times I failed to meet up, esp their bdays?" will instantly pop up. However, deep down I knew that as long as I turn up, we will be too busy catching up to remember the lost time. It was only after JC that I managed to make my skin thicker and initiate some of the outings.
It was also the same with my family and with God. Always procrastinating to understand each other better, to build strong bonds with each other. I guess I was seldom there for my parents when they wanted their daughter nor was I there as a sister. I was only there when I wanted them. Tis the same with God. Thus I'm truly grateful my family, friends and most importantly God did not push me away when I was in need.
So, if I continue to procrastinate, just shoot me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home