Sunday, May 03, 2009

The swine

Am currently out of sch. A bit sian cuz it's my most important elective out of the 4 but I guess it's another break for me~ Sigh my main concern now is my hk trip! Y dun e mexicans stay in mexico n not travel outta e epicentre of the impending pandemic.... But i guess if i were living in mexico now, I'd surely wanna fled out of the country to as far as possible, away from the swine... Shoo away swine! I wanna go for my lovely hols with a special someone...

Anyway this swine thing has made me realised how childish n selfish some ppl in my fac can get!
It's terrible for most of us havin to cancel our electives especially for those due overseas this month. Butttt, seriously some ppl actually wanted to email the overseas uni-s to bug them to write a letter to our dean to allow them to go overseas for their elective?!!! That's absolutely dumb. As if the overseas uni-s would even waste their time (which could be better spent trying to create a vaccine) to entertain their request... N now, ppl are actually emailing the dean, saying we should be allowed in the wards at this crucial moment to learn and help! "Help"? Did I even read correctly? Help? Yea scream HELP! if we were allowed back into the wards! I mean cummon' do u even think u can help without causing more trouble? As much as I believe in my own ability, I do not believe I can offer much proper help cuz 1. No Experience dealing with such epidemics/pandemic 2. Dunno protocols, hosp procedures 3. Waste masks, resources. 4. Increase the rapidity of spread should the swine decide to visit our beautiful shores. As much as I want to learn how to manage this swine so tht I will be better prepared in the future, I do not want to risk our situation worsening since the swine is due to visit soon. Seriously, where's the maturity? At such a time, it should not be about me, me and me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home