Friday, April 21, 2006

1st dae of work @ National Arts Council

Today was my 1st day of work at National Arts Council! The place is BEAUTIFUL! Reached the place 1 HR earlier cuz I really din noe how long it will take to get there... Anyway it was good cuz I had so much time to appreciate the colorful windows of MICA building, the colorful clarke quay shophouses and tents by the river and the warm rays of sunlight shining thru the gorgeous clouds in the morning! A really pretty sight indeed! Shall take pics next week! =D

Actually I was kinda scared for this job cuz I have never really done this kind of admin stuff in the office before (except maybe a little bit in IRAS.) So not knowing what to expect and what kinda ppl there were, I felt a litl' nervous and uneasy esp in the 1st 2 hrs cuz the superior who was supposed to assign me work only came at around 11am whilst everyone around me were already noisily typing on their keyboards...

Then when I finally met the superior, one of the first stuff he asked was what are your hobbies?! My head just went blank! Then he continued, "Have you done PR before? What bout newsletter? Writing? Written for school magazine before??.....Gort blog?" Wha....I felt so useless suddenly in this arty farty environment! The only thing I've done in the long questioning was a blog...How helpful when all I write are nonsense...Anyway he din question me like a criminal or anything, just that at these questions, it dawned on me that I might not be of much help!!! But in the end, he seemed very nice about it and assigned me some comp work...quite fun cuz I'm supposed to arrange this and that..heh..But I sure took a whole damn hell of a time figuring out microsoft excel myself!!!

Anyway all my colleagues are super friendly and funny! I went for lunch with this group of people who were 25 and below..mostly temp staff..Quite an interesting group of people! There was this group of peeps (who were 25 or nearing 25) who kept on reminiscing about past channel 8 serials and 1993 SEA Games each time we were watching some advertisements! While the other group (22 and below) which included myself were having a hard time figuring out what shows they meant cuz it was prob too old or we were too young then! HA...The scenario was pretty funny cuz while the older grp were enjoying themselves guessing past serials, our heads were just filled with question marks and more question marks!

Oh and I'm joinin them for a BBQ party tmr...actually really din wanna go cuz the party was a farewell party for the girl I replaced (poly started so she gotta quit) and it would be so awkward cuz I dun even know her! And this is only my 1st day of work!! But the peeps there were really nice and kept persuading that I relented... Sigh.. still feel damn weird goin for this party. Hope everything turns out well!

Anyway yesterday was quite a happy and satisfying day, shopping and eating at Orchard with Jules and Krith again! Bought 3 tops and 1 skirt! Yay! I lurve the thrill of crazy shopping! But Jules was the real crazy one, she tried on so many clothes and ate so so much! Madness...
Anyway it's good that I'm working! Then I need not rely on my parents for allowance! =D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home