Saturday, August 19, 2006

The Aftermath of the 1st Week of School

Thus ENDS my first 1week 1day school.
The end result: STRESSED.
The reasons:
Accompanied with the 6 no. of modules we have to take compared to 3 in yr 1, there's definitely the longer hrs spent in school. We start at 8am in the morning, meaning I have to wake up at 6am, and we end at 4pm or later which means I'll reach home in the evening and I'm so exhausted I just feel like stoning into blank space. I cant even seem to zzz cuz my brain seems triggered by the mast amounts of info given in the day that it doesn't wanna take a break @ night. And this doesn't mean I can study cuz the brain might be willing but the rest of my body shouts "NO". So I toss and turn on my bed and end up zzz a few hrs each night b4 I have to wake up at 6am and drag myself to school.

There is also tension in my yr, as 9 students gort retained in yr 1. It is almost 5% of the cohort.
Previous yrs, only 3 students or so retained so the number definitely scared us a bit. Sigh. After only the intro lectures, ppl are mugging so hard as though it's the exams. Stress is sure building up.

A happy thing is dat most of my modules are more interesting, more clinically oriented. At least it seems to be more exciting than yr 1 cuz learning more bout diseases and what not.
And found a counsellee! Yippee, I'm an official senior now! No more freshie, but stale-lie now.
Yikes, but this prob means I gotta go for Med's Dinner and Dance. 55 bucks. No table, have to squeeze myself in a foreign table. Hopefully it's not that foreign.

Fri CSS Welcome Mass followed by dinner. Was contemplating the entire day whether to go for Malay class or Mass and celebrate the birthdays of 3 Shabunians. After a whole lot of stress and irritating ppl with this qn, I decided to go for mass. Promised to work real hard for Malay. Hope I really do.
Mass had a calming, peaceful effect on me, as if God removed all my stress of the week from me. It was good to see familiar faces once again though quite funny cuz at each turn, you see someone you haven met for long time and on the way to the toilet, you end up saying hi a dozen times.
Dinner was gd with the arts peeps. After which it was back home with Alexis. Talked alot about the difference btw our different facs. She's a great gg home partner.=) Frown less, smile more.
Sigh. This may be my last Css Mass for the sem. Malay classes every fri at 8 means I just can't attend mass and meet up with the peeps I seldom see in school.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*hugs* hang in there girl! will keep u and all the stressed ppl in my prayers! (me included) really glad u went that day.. i will miss u terribly when ur absence starts to make itself known :( anyway thanks for always being there for me.. u're a great friend! :)

11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home