I realised that it has been quite some time since I blogged!
Hols has been busy busy and busier but yet really fruitful and exciting, despite not yet learning driving or malay/dialects.
Things that have kept me occupied:
* Cheryl's back from UK!
* FOC Followup Chalet
* LISS
* Wisdom tooth extraction
* Flea Market
* Shabu cum honorary members outing
I guess overall, I'm really glad I have gone for FOC this yr. Besides getting to make more wonderful friends and strengthening friendships, it prompted me to go for LISS when I saw the leaflet that Living Stones distributed on Recon Night. Extreme Makeover...that was the theme of LISS and I felt I needed one badly, esp with my relationship with God. And I'm so thankful to God for knowing that I needed someone to go with cuz the very next moment, Bren and Ade asked to go together!
Before LISS retreat camp, I was actually contemplating not to go cuz that particular day, I just wasnt in the mood for any more camps, was grumpy, grouchy, whiny cuz of the hot weather. If not for Bren meeting me @ the MRT, I might have come up with some lame excuse not to go. But @ the end of this camp, I must say I feel so ashamed to have been liddat in the beginning. God has been too merciful, too good and His works are truly amazing. Though I have not received the gift of tongues, I feel really happy cuz now, I know the Spirit inside me is ALIVE! It's truly miraculous too how Gabriel's ankle, and Marc's back were healed cuz I saw Marc hunching in pain the night before only! And how I heard from Marc that before the prayover, Jeremy was thinking he wouldnt make it, and the next second or so, he was singing in tongues! And I was especially touched by Josie's vision for herself. Touched by God's gentleness and love.
Seeing is believing and I feel very privileged to be able to witness His miracles.
Although I was feeling a little disappointed with not receiving tongues, Mag's words struck me, He has a time for everything. Then as if God still knew I was confused, yesterday, Marc said something which made me feel so blessed. Cant remember the exact words but it goes something like this: God's other gifts like faith, leadership, wisdom, etc are also just as important as the gifts of tongues and prophesy. It just strucked me then that God has actually already given me a lot already, especially His love. And I just felt so lucky suddenly to be able to know Him.
I'm really really happy and thankful coming out from this LISS retreat camp.=)
Blessed is the Name of the Lord
Blessed is Your Name
Blessed is the Name of the Lord
Blessed is Your Glorious Name!
You give and take away
You give and take away
My heart still says the same
Lord, Blessed be Your Name

1 Comments:
*hugs* glad u guys went with me and really glad u had such a wonderful experience :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home